Fuel....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Some analysts are saying the price may stay at this kind of level for the next three years. For several years the major oil producing countries have held back on supply to drive the price up, now they have decided to flood the market dropping the price massively. Do you get the feeling certain Governments and Billionaires are playing with the global economy. What everyone wants, consumers, industry planners and oil workers is stability and predictability, that allows proper planning.

I wouldn't take the slightest notice of what analysts say about anything. Six months ago they were telling us the days of cheap energy are over.

Drago

Legendary Member
Are they the same analysts that advised the SNP to use oil revenue as the foundation for their economic manifesto?

Remember, you can't spell analyst without 'anal'.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
One of the unexpected consequences of cheaper fuel is that motor insurance costs will rise, the insurance trade predicts.

Cheaper fuel
More journeys
More accidents
More claims
Higher premiums

Bingo!

400bhp

Guru
One of the unexpected consequences of cheaper fuel is that motor insurance costs will rise, the insurance trade predicts.

Cheaper fuel
More journeys
More accidents
More claims
Higher premiums

Bingo!

Aha. Makes sense. Just requoted on our car through money supermarket. Premiums up by c. 10% in the last 2 weeks.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Cheaper fuel is helpful to me as I'm the only one earning, or at least I am until Hubster gets a new kidney. It might only be a saving of a couple of quid a week for us but it all helps. I'm just waiting for the government to stick a few pence on the fuel so that they can get more tax and we'll be right back where we were.

screenman

Legendary Member
We buy about 100 litres a week, so you can see a saving of about £20+per week.

I do not do the journeys Accy talks about, does anyone else?

Top Bottom