Fujistu Lifebook AH531 and software

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
This is my review of my new Fujistu AH531 laptop and software that I have with it. I received it from Student Finance so cannot comment on the price of anything I review. Each topic will be in a new post.

Fujistu laptop:

Hardware Features
The features that this laptop has are similar to my Acer Aspire One. It has 3 USB ports however I also have a 4 port USB hub. It has the standard SD slots and also has a CD-R drive. It has 500GB of storage and 6GB (4GB and 2GB) of RAM.
It has a built in webcam which is clear but wont win any photography prizes. The screen is 15.6".
The keyboard is spill resistantand has an intergrated numberpad. The touchpad is very responsive but the buttons at the bottom of it are a bit stiff.
The machine weighs a lot more than a netbook but is about the same as any other laptop.

Speed and loading times
The initial startup speed is very quick, it only takes a few moments. Opening files and programs is smooth and the response is instantanious.
When saving files or copying them, the rate of data transfer is a lot quicker than my netbook. It takes about 1 minute to copy about 3GB of data from an external device.
Even when there are multiple tasks and programs open, you can still copy 3GB of data, watch a video online, transfer 2GB of data to a program and have a game open with only a slight delay when using the internet.

Visuals and sounds
When viewing videos, the rate of play is very smooth. There is no jumping or frame rates dropped and it will play both 1080p at 30fps and 720p at 60fps very smoothly.
When viewing videos online, the clarity is crystal clear. Whereas my netbook could only play 420p, I can now watch 720p and 1080p in HD and enjoy the video.

The speakers are very loud but sounds are not as clear as you would like them. The laptop has a mixture of sounds to tell you when something is loaded, when there is an error, etc but the actual clarity of sounds in videos is not as good as it could have been.

Conclusion
I think that this is a very good laptop and connot complain really as I got it for free. The pro's are that the pictures are clear and everything runs very smoothly, and con's are that the speakers are not so good and when the computer enters 'Hibernation mode', it turns off and you loose your data.

I would suggest it to people who are looking for a laptop in the middle of the market.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Microsoft Office University 2010

This comes with all of the typical programs; Word, Powerpoint, Publisher, Access, Excel.
It also has Outlook. This is a program that I have heard from my parents and seen my dad using but never actually had a go myself. It is very easy to set an appointment and I have found it very useful for plotting my college courses. There are a lot of ways to view the calendar and you can set an appointment to happen for a full week or month as well as repeat every week.

This software has all of the features I will ever need to use.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Inspiration 9

This is a mindmapping tool. I have found it very useful with plotting my courses and subjects into manageable diagrams.

There are a number of different ways you can view information. You can either see it as a list (which I prefer to use to input information), or as a spider diagram, or as a tree diagram.
There are different features you can use to change the stye of text, the shape of lines and bubbles. And if the diagram has a lot of information, you can close certain legs of the diagram to see what you want. This makes it very easy to find certain information very quickly.

This software costs about £60 and I would recommend it to anyone studying or if they had any use for it.

Oldspice

You change your power settings so it does not go into hibernation mode, although when it does hibernate you wont lose your work if you wake it up (not turn it off and wake it up)

If you install Klite codec pack you can boost your volume depending on what settings you use. You can also go to your volume settings and sounds in control panel and change what sounds you do or don't want to hear, and change speaker settings.

Nice review.

redcard

Veteran
It sounds a decent machine.

Is internet included? If so I'd like to start the bidding at £135 plus postage.

Edit: I've just been informed it has suffered a cola spillage. Offer dropped to £125.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
It sounds a decent machine.

Is internet included? If so I'd like to start the bidding at £135 plus postage.

Edit: I've just been informed it has suffered a cola spillage. Offer dropped to £125.
It has a spill resistant keyboard. I havent tested it yet though (off to get cola :bicycle:).

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
100_1803.jpg

Top Bottom