Fulcrum 5 vs 7

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

Naaah, I have long admired the way the Americans make their steeds!

your bikes are only just smaller than mine...

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
If you ride an m/l Giant, you see quite a difference. The M defy was too big for me

Aren't Giant Taiwanese...not American

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Wimbledon Evans want a fiver for fitting, the cheek. Ah well can''t grumble - probably cost me that in another fubar'ed tube during the changing process :wacko:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I decided on the 5s as I already have one pair and don't want to feel the difference when switching between the bikes, which is why I have splashed on the new ones!

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Finally rode the new 5s last night - 13.5 miles, a pleasure, so light and smooth compared to the other wheels. It should be even better for tonight's ride now I've actually put a decent amount of air in :whistle:

Definitely worth the £££, especially the lovely freehub clickety click :laugh:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Grrrrrr :angry: About a mile up the road notice the tyre appears to have a bulge, and is making a weird noise! Pull over, let a little bit of air out as tyre hard, overinflated (albeit to 100psi)... Then Big Bang and tyre blown off rim!! No spare tube and I don't do roadside repairs anyhow. Now in Starbucks which was fortunately close, waiting for friend to collect me and bike! We will go for dinner elsewhere. Bah!!

Tommy2

Über Member
I've just got some fulcrum 5, put them on yesterday and went for a ride, it actually felt more difficult than with my shimano 501's, saying that I didn't have my track pump to fully inflate the tyres and it was after work.
Pumped them up properly for the ride to work this morning and still can't decide if they're any better for the money.
Paid £200 from wiggle , deal included Michelin tyres and 6 tubes.

Top Bottom