Full Bouncers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I'll admit to be an occasional MTB rider. I have a 2011 Boardman something or other with a bouncy front end and 26" wheels which does me OK for the odd muddy trip locally, or an occasional Swinley Forest ride with my lad.

My lad, on the other had, it starting to get a bit handy (he does wait for me at the bottom bless him), and his cheap 29er isn't really doing it.

So, any advise on full bouncers? We're on a budget, somewhere £600 - £800, looking at the 2nd hand market obviously. His preference is 27.5 wheels.

Out of my knowledge bracket here so appreciate some help.

steven1988

Veteran
There is lots of good options, have a look at the Calibre Bossnut, if you can get a discount code from Go Outdoors, you may even get a new one for the top end of your budget https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15903687/calibre-bossnut-evo-mountain-bike-15903687

Levo-Lon

Guru
As above or keep trawling ebay ect.

That budget will get you a good 2-5 yr old good spec bike.

I sold a commencal meta FS for £600 and that was rrp at crc in 2012 for 3700.
I got itfor 1800 in the sale.

So i think your in for a easy good bike find.

JhnBssll

Veteran
As above, there are plenty of great buys to be had second hand. What sort of riding does he do? The trend is currently for a longer wheelbase and slacker head angle - this gives a great ride when you're bombing down fast trails and playing at bike parks but does make them less lively on technical trails and tight, low speed turns. That said, some manufacturers were a year or two ahead of others so, for example, an old Mondraker Foxy is going to have long slack geometry, whereas Specialized only recently stretched the Stumpjumper so my 2016 Stumpjumper Expert is pretty short compared to my friends ~2013 Foxy XR. Mine is great on the technical trails near me, his excels on the Welsh mountainsides near him :okay:

Top Bottom