Full moon tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
well I wasn't but now you mention it I might...

edindave

Über Member
It was a rare treat of a view on our return to Kirriemuir at the end of the Snow Roads Audax last night.

OP
OP
Moon bunny

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
Well, it seemed strange to be setting out at a time we would normally think of as late to be getting in, but Hover fly gave the bikes one final check over, warm clothes ready, sandwiches packed, flasks ready, one soup, one tea, and we slipped out into the evening. Our target was Coniston, but not the easy way, first we climbed out of Ulverston on the road through Broughton Beck to Woodland Fell to watch the sun set. Once the sun had disappeared we descended down to the hamlet of Woodland, already I noticed that in the twilight long steep downhills seemed longer and steeper, small climbs became big hills. On the road to Torver and Coniston the swallows and martins of daytime had been replaced by bats and owls. We reached Coniston as the holidaymakers were making their way back to their tents and holiday homes, meanwhile Hover knocked on the door of a cottage, we were invited in by an old friend of his, who with her father entertained us for an hour or more talking about climbing rocks in the days of hob-nailed boots, bomb disposal and such things, eventually, fortified by egg and chips Hover looked at his watch and it was time to leave. We came back via the East side of the lake, and I soon saw the reason for not leaving too early, we had timed it so the moon had time to move over the water, it was breathtakingly beautiful, as the moon reflected back off the almost perfectly still water. We sat on the pier at Parkamoor to eat soup and sandwiches then just sat and watched as the moon slid across the sky until it was almost behind the hills on the west side, and the greeny-blue dawn light came over from the west. We slowly started for home through the lanes, starting the last descent down to home as the sun came up behind Ingleborough.

Top Bottom