Full refund from EVAair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Had to cancel my planned trip to UK several weeks ago, due to Covid19 situation. I applied for a refund on the EVAair web site and knew it would take a while due to huge amount of similar requests. Anyways, checked my bank balance today and was pleasantly surprised to see the return flight had been fully refunded, not even admin fees or booking fees or whatnot. A friend over here did much the same thing, but with a different airline, and he only got about half back. I've been using EVA for a few years now, great flights, and will continue to use them (no surprise). So, a big thank you to them for doing the decent thing :notworthy:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I guess that's fine if you can deal with that Heathrow thing - too far by motor vehicle for me to consider........ Ideal for Reading tho' :thumbsup:

I guess that's fine if you can deal with that Heathrow thing - too far by motor vehicle for me to consider........ Ideal for Reading tho' :thumbsup:
Yeah, LHR is very convenient for Reading. Railair coach ticket is only 20 quid return if booked 60+ days in advance, but looks like it's now suspended the service till things get back to normal. Should add that they gave me a full refund also :okay:

Last edited:

greenmark

Guru
They're particularly good if you get on their Hello Kitty flights.

1588831479174.png

1588831441891.png

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I had a trip to Japan booked with HK Express, for Mr Cookiemonster and myself, about £900.

Refund application done online and money back in my account in 4 weeks. No issues at all.

In comparison, still waiting on a £125 refund from BA. No answer to emails and no chance of getting a phone call answered.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Had to cancel my planned trip to UK several weeks ago, due to Covid19 situation. I applied for a refund on the EVAair web site and knew it would take a while due to huge amount of similar requests. Anyways, checked my bank balance today and was pleasantly surprised to see the return flight had been fully refunded, not even admin fees or booking fees or whatnot. A friend over here did much the same thing, but with a different airline, and he only got about half back. I've been using EVA for a few years now, great flights, and will continue to use them (no surprise). So, a big thank you to them for doing the decent thing :notworthy:

In my experience, Asian airlines are quite sharp with refunds and customer service.

vickster

Legendary Member
I had a trip to Japan booked with HK Express, for Mr Cookiemonster and myself, about £900.

Refund application done online and money back in my account in 4 weeks. No issues at all.

In comparison, still waiting on a £125 refund from BA. No answer to emails and no chance of getting a phone call answered.
Direct message through Twitter worked for me with BA. Refunds sorted quickly (albeit Avios bookings, so was just tax and points refunds)

In my experience, Asian airlines are quite sharp with refunds and customer service.
One to avoid is THAI airways, have been struggling financially for years now. They are a good example of how the patronage system is a big failure with regard to industry, doubt anyone in an elevated position got it through merit. My friend who cancelled under similar circumstances was booked with THAI, and got only half refunded. Him and his daughter on return tickets - that's quite a loss :sad:

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
One to avoid is THAI airways, have been struggling financially for years now. They are a good example of how the patronage system is a big failure with regard to industry, doubt anyone in an elevated position got it through merit. My friend who cancelled under similar circumstances was booked with THAI, and got only half refunded. Him and his daughter on return tickets - that's quite a loss :sad:

I had to change my flight and get a partial refund from Thai AIrways in August last year. All it took was one phone call and all was done in about 20 mins. I'm surprised at that.

Top Bottom