Full Suspension

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MonsterEnergy

When i brought my mountain bike, it said it has full suspension. When it arrived, it had a black spring which is the back suspension, but when i sit on the saddle, there's no bounce, but when there's back suspension, it does bounce,
Anyone know why this is, maybe there's a screw or something i need to fiddle with?

Be thankful if someone could help me.

rivers

How far can I go?
When i brought my mountain bike, it said it has full suspension. When it arrived, it had a black spring which is the back suspension, but when i sit on the saddle, there's no bounce, but when there's back suspension, it does bounce,
Anyone know why this is, maybe there's a screw or something i need to fiddle with?

Photos?

Mark pallister

If it’s a air shox it will need setting up properly ,you need to set the correct sag for your weight
google it

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Trax MTB. From Halfords
It definitely doesn’t have air suspension. I’m guessing you don’t weigh very much?
I think you can turn the screw type dial next to the top of the spring clockwise? To take some tension out of the spring.
I’m thinking your bike has a spring set up as pictured below;

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

It definitely doesn’t have air suspension. I’m guessing you don’t weigh very much?
I think you can turn the screw type dial next to the top of the spring clockwise? To take some tension out of the spring.

View attachment 501073
yep is does have a spring like that, but my younger brother has one like that, and its qute bouncy
So if i turn the top screw, it will become bouncy

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

View attachment 501073
Please can u make it more clear where the screw is that u r talking about please.
Thankyou

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Please can u make it more clear where the screw is that u r talking about please.
Thankyou
The knurled screw type thing sits touching the black spring, it’s quite tough to turn but it compresses the spring, the more compressed the spring the harder the suspension, try winding it out a fair bit.
On the image I posted the silver dial thing next to the spring toward the front end of the bike.
It is going to be difficult to turn, spraying some WD40 around it may help.

Edit - the frame must pivot somewhere, probably near the bottom bracket, this may have seized if you are getting no movement at all?

Last edited:
OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

The knurled screw type thing sits touching the black spring, it’s quite tough to turn but it compresses the spring, the more compressed the spring the harder the suspension, try winding it out a fair bit.
On the image I posted the silver dial thing next to the spring toward the front end of the bike.

Edit - the frame must pivot somewhere, probably near the bottom bracket, this may have seized if you are getting no movement at all?
Thanks alot👍

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

sorry, please could you take a closer up picture of the screw that you are suppose to un tightten please.
Thanks b Much

Top Bottom