Full Suspension

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iluvmybike

Über Member
That isn't any kind of decent rear shock. All it is is a big spring with a knurled ring you can turn (if it's not seized up already) to either slacken the spring off or tighten it down so it doesn't bounce. If you slack it right off then the 'bob' when pedalling is awful.
No offence intended to the OP but those bikes are advertised as 'full suspension' but they are not (they are just a just a BSO version) and likely if you try and use it seriously off road it will just break. The 'shock' has plastic bushes which wear quickly and the unit will start clonking like mad. They are not serviceable at all. Those bikes also weigh a ton. Ok for using to and from pub/paper shop but otherwise look for a better second-hand proper bike

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

Sorry, I don’t have a bike with that type of Suspension. Could you post a close up photo of the rear suspension spring on your bike.
i will have to do it tommorow. i have actually just taken everything off my old bike, so its all in parts, i will take a picture of it tommorow if thats alright

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

That isn't any kind of decent rear shock. All it is is a big spring with a knurled ring you can turn (if it's not seized up already) to either slacken the spring off or tighten it down so it doesn't bounce. If you slack it right off then the 'bob' when pedalling is awful.
No offence intended to the OP but those bikes are advertised as 'full suspension' but they are not (they are just a just a BSO version) and likely if you try and use it seriously off road it will just break. The 'shock' has plastic bushes which wear quickly and the unit will start clonking like mad. They are not serviceable at all. Those bikes also weigh a ton. Ok for using to and from pub/paper shop but otherwise look for a better second-hand proper bike
what is the 'bob'?

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

Yup, pretty sure..
ive just tried loosening it but its far too stiff and i cant do it. Anyway i can do it that you suggest?

Top Bottom