fun at work shocker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
we have a meeting room at work which houses a nintendo wii and x-box. i cheekily suggested starting a wii sports bowing league for fitness/team building (tongue firmly in my cheek), and, to my surprise, management gave it a ringing endorsement.

only trouble is that in a practice session last friday i smashed the record for the office wii, so i'm in danger of looking like i've suggested the idea just to show off.

do i throw it if i look like winning?

No. Just wii all over the oppo. Job done.:biggrin:

buggi

Bird Saviour
naa, give the other's something to work for.

on a similar note, we started a bit of a commuting league for cycling, and we made a leaderboard that also showed our carbon savings. we've got a trophy for the winner each year. i'm determined to win it this year. last year was our first year and there were only 5 of us. now more people are joining the competition this year.

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
buggi said:

on a similar note, we started a bit of a commuting league for cycling, and we made a leaderboard that also showed our carbon savings. we've got a trophy for the winner each year. i'm determined to win it this year. last year was our first year and there were only 5 of us. now more people are joining the competition this year.

that one i would definitely win hands down :biggrin:

bonj2

buggi said:

You should also run a prize for the most pointless weight-saving purchase. e.g. has anyone splashed out on carbon bar-end-plugs, for instance?

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
bonj said:
You should also run a prize for the most pointless weight-saving purchase. e.g. has anyone splashed out on carbon bar-end-plugs, for instance?

last time i was in lbs i was in the queue behind a big bloke buying two carbon fibre bottle cages for £70.

hope he didn't spoil the weight reduction over alu by putting drinks bottles in them :eek:

Melvil

alecstilleyedye said:
last time i was in lbs i was in the queue behind a big bloke buying two carbon fibre bottle cages for £70.

hope he didn't spoil the weight reduction over alu by putting drinks bottles in them :eek:

I just don't see the point of that. I've tried to understand. But I can't. Why?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
bonj said:

Titanium bottle cage bolts.:evil:

And no, I'm not making this up. They came on a Raleigh Dynatech bike I once had.

Top Bottom