Fun on an old bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sidevalve

Über Member
Anyone noticed that sometimes you can have so much FUN on and old bike ? I din't mean the daily grind to work [although I suppose that can work too] or the run on your pride and joy road bike or the blast downhill on your finest MTB, [which are all great in their way]. No I mean the old beast that you picked up for a tenner. No stress no worries, no time limits, no cares. Doesn't matter if it gets nicked, covered in cack, dropped, scratched, falls in the canal [so long as your not on it] or beamed up by aliens. Drag it out and just go,anywhere you want, to the pub and back via the towpath, to the shops, over old bridleways or farm tracks. Bits are cheap if you break anything and if it costs more than a few quid to fix just get another and use it for spares. Cheap, usefull but mainly no worries fun.

MarkF

Guru
Yep, bought an old (very) GT Outpost maybe 3 years ago for £50. I've since added an old rack, narrower tyres and a pair of £4 mudguards. I've a hybrid, a road bike and folder but the GT gets most use. I stopped at the LBS for something and the owner commented on how old and out of date it was and had I considered upgrading? I think he'd missed the point of it. ^_^

Top Bottom