fun on three wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

I used my 'bent trike today, to cycle into town to pick up the local rag and post a few letters.

Great fun. Loads of 'WTF?' moments by drivers who all proceeded to give me far more room on the road than when I'm on my 'normal' bike. Loads of little kids stopping to look, bottom jaws dropping and then great big grins and loads of waves from them. Don't call Norbert my 'smilemobile' for nothing :biggrin: The best bit was when I pulled in at the side of the road near some sheffield stands in order to park up & lock the Trice. I stop at the side of the road, unclip, and proceed to get up.

Man walking along pavement says "Are you okay?"
Me: "Yes, thanks."
Man: "Would you like a hand?"
Me: "That's kind, but I'm okay."
Man: It's one of those handcycles, then?
Me: No.
Man: Where's it's engine then?
Me: points to legs and says "Here."
Man: Thwaps himself on the head and says, "Of course! I thought you were disabled and couldn't walk!"

During the above conversation, I'd unclipped from the Trice, stood up, walked to back of Trice, picked up the frame at the rear and walked it to the sheffield stand. During which time said man hadn't clicked that I was walking....

xx(:rolleyes::blush::biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
wafflycat said:
I used my 'bent trike today, to cycle into town to pick up the local rag and post a few letters.

Great fun. Loads of 'WTF?' moments by drivers who all proceeded to give me far more room on the road than when I'm on my 'normal' bike. Loads of little kids stopping to look, bottom jaws dropping and then great big grins and loads of waves from them. Don't call Norbert my 'smilemobile' for nothing :biggrin: The best bit was when I pulled in at the side of the road near some sheffield stands in order to park up & lock the Trice. I stop at the side of the road, unclip, and proceed to get up.

Man walking along pavement says "Are you okay?"
Me: "Yes, thanks."
Man: "Would you like a hand?"
Me: "That's kind, but I'm okay."
Man: It's one of those handcycles, then?
Me: No.
Man: Where's it's engine then?
Me: points to legs and says "Here."
Man: Thwaps himself on the head and says, "Of course! I thought you were disabled and couldn't walk!"

During the above conversation, I'd unclipped from the Trice, stood up, walked to back of Trice, picked up the frame at the rear and walked it to the sheffield stand. During which time said man hadn't clicked that I was walking....

xx(:rolleyes::blush::biggrin:

:smile::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
You should have accepted his offer of help and asked him to carry you into the shop to buy your stuff and back out, at which point you would have lithely leapt out of his arms and climbed back onto Norbert, disappearing into the distance with a cheery wave.

Arch

Married to Night Train
domtyler said:
You should have accepted his offer of help and asked him to carry you into the shop to buy your stuff and back out, at which point you would have lithely leapt out of his arms and climbed back onto Norbert, disappearing into the distance with a cheery wave.

:blush::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: again!

Or asked him to walk into the shop with you and carry the stuff out and see how long it took for him to twig...

Top Bottom