Funeral courtege

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On the way home this afternoon a hearse and following funeral car pulled out from a side road in front of me, nothing to make me brake sharp, its just the fact its the best bit of road on my commute for a quick sprint, but i showed due respect and held back doing 13 MPH until they turned off further up the road.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
i think i would do the same as would most decent people

Judderz

Here's a hypothetical question.

Say if the Tour of Britain was on (will be in a few weeks), do all businesses in the area (including funeral parlours) get pre-warned of certain roads will be closed that day for a small period of time, or are funerals still allowed to take place?

Here's a hypothetical question.

Say if the Tour of Britain was on (will be in a few weeks), do all businesses in the area (including funeral parlours) get pre-warned of certain roads will be closed that day for a small period of time, or are funerals still allowed to take place?

I think they usually operate a rolling road closure, so vehicles are held at junctions, etc until the race has gone past - so you might be stationary for 5/10 mins max. No long term road closures as such - except maybe at the start/finish...

Top Bottom