Funniest newspaper headlines

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
What's wrong with that?

Well if it was fatal, then how would he be able to survive it?
Annyway.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
There was one on a slow news day in the local rag, although admittedly not a banner headline, which said

Handbag snatch in Worthing - failed attempt

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Benb, I think you are thinking about it a bit too much, I mean you could say the same for many headlines given so far, so just chill, take a deep breath and relax.

It's just the wording of it, I mean it doesn't mention anyone else, just the man having this accident and then somehow surviving, that's all, I mean heaven only knows what you think of all the others posted so far!:whistle:

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Norfolk's Eastern Daily Press is a pretty good paper for a regional though often covers somewhat less than earth shattering events. 'Milk stolen from doorstep' was one a while back, as well as 'shed catches fire'. Most things in the world have a Norfolk connection according to the EDP. When George W Bush fixed the US election (2004?) and 'won' by a few thousand votes, the EDP had a massive overhead photo of Newton Flotman near Norwich which it claimed had the same number of people as votes Bush won by.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
God, sorry! Can people please assume that if I say something that appears too serious then I'm being deliberately sarcastic and/or pedantic.

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
I thought this one was funny.

rohypnol-self-gratifying.jpg

The batsman is Holding the bowler s Willie
That was a TV (radio?) commentary, not a headline.
...and what's more, I think it was the other way around: "The bowler's Holding; the batsman's Willey". Michael Holding was a West Indies fast bowler, Peter Willey was an England batsman. And moreover, the whole story is claimed to be apocryphal - no-one on TMS ever owned up!

Top Bottom