Funny but sad. The sad world of today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
The modern world. 😟

Attachments

• 1622927483104.jpeg.jpg
    1622927483104.jpeg.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 14

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Haynes manuals

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Blame the world of social media. Young people record themselves doing some really silly things that turn into 'crazes' and spreads across social media and all these young folk think they'll do it too either for fun or for clout.

The older generation were always more practical though. The internet while having its advantages, also contributes heavily to the fall of society/humanity etc etc

byegad

Legendary Member
The Safety Elf is responsible for a lot. People expect to be protected from their own stupidity, and to have no responsibility for their own actions. "It's always someone else's fault."

Thirty years ago we were in France and visited a walled town, where you could walk around the walls for a franc. One side of the walkway had the city wall and the other a drop of 30 feet or so into people's back gardens. There were no barriers to you doing that except your own common sense. Here in the UK we'd have had it railed off for the entire inner perimeter.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Drat - beaten by microseconds! :laugh:

Dave7

Legendary Member
The Safety Elf is responsible for a lot. People expect to be protected from their own stupidity, and to have no responsibility for their own actions. "It's always someone else's fault."

Thirty years ago we were in France and visited a walled town, where you could walk around the walls for a franc. One side of the walkway had the city wall and the other a drop of 30 feet or so into people's back gardens. There were no barriers to you doing that except your own common sense. Here in the UK we'd have had it railed off for the entire inner perimeter.
The walls around Alcudia (Majorca) still have drops like that.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

reminds me of the seawall at dawlish , similar drop to the sea with no barriers and we coped , just been upgraded to protect the track and now it has a wall so you cant fall off
1622993026542.png
1622993049128.png

Top Bottom