Funny but sad. The sad world of today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Claim culture has a lot to do with it, in my opinion of course, years ago if you fell over cos you're a tw*t then that would be it, now people look for reasons to blame someone else.

Blame the world of social media. Young people record themselves doing some really silly things that turn into 'crazes' and spreads across social media and all these young folk think they'll do it too either for fun or for clout.

The older generation were always more practical though. The internet while having its advantages, also contributes heavily to the fall of society/humanity etc etc
But the older generation use the Internet too. There are a lot of things now that aren't designed to be serviceable at home.

I'm sure people are just as dumb as ever.

Reactions: C R

gbb

Legendary Member
Blame the world of social media. Young people record themselves doing some really silly things that turn into 'crazes' and spreads across social media and all these young folk think they'll do it too either
The older generation were always more practical though. The internet while having its advantages, also contributes heavily to the fall of society/humanity etc etc
Nah, you cant blame social media etc . If people werent stupid, they wouldn't do it anyway.:okay:
Edited to add, yes of course it's the blame / claim culture we live in, perhaps more so.

Last edited:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I've got a bag of unpeeled / shell-on prawns in the freezer, and I recently bought a box of cooked mussels (shells included), both bore the warning "contains shellfish".

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
But the older generation use the Internet too. There are a lot of things now that aren't designed to be serviceable at home.

I'm sure people are just as dumb as ever.

I dont know... I refuse to believe that people were that stupid in the days before the World Wide Web. Of course there will always be stupid people but less of a way for people to spread it like a wild fire.

You can post a video of yourself riding on the bonnet of a car that is rolling down the road at 70mph and put it up on social media, Then other people will watch your video and do the same and upload it and the next person and the next person after the next person will follow and do it until its spread all over the world.

There will always be stupid people. But im inclined to believe that people had more common sense back in the days before the internet.

snorri

Legendary Member
Thirty years ago we were in France and visited a walled town, where you could walk around the walls for a franc. One side of the walkway had the city wall and the other a drop of 30 feet or so into people's back gardens. There were no barriers to you doing that except your own common sense. Here in the UK we'd have had it railed off for the entire inner perimeter.
Whilst touring Iceland I came across some "nature gardens" the whole country was a nature garden, but anyway, I needed a rest so went in and followed a path which took me to a deep pond. The pathway continued around the pond and consisted of a natural rock surface a metre wide and had a sheer drop of several metres into the pond on one side and a covering of fragile vegetation on the other.
The park authority were anxious not to have the fragile vegetation damaged and had erected signs telling visitors 'KEEP to the EDGE'.
I liked that:smile:.

Lozz360

Veteran
Did car owners’ manuals really give instructions to adjust valves? Workshop manuals maybe, but not the owners’ manual. As for warning against drinking battery acid, it would be very difficult given that sealed car batteries have been around for many years.

Top Bottom