Funny (genuine) nicknames for people you have known of.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
We had a janitor when I was at high school who only had four fingers on one of his hands.

He was called Kit Kat
Surely four fingers per hand is normal, unless you're from Norfolk? :wacko:

bruce1530

Guru
I did hear a story about a guy who was known as "Toidi", and even referred to himself by that name.

Nobody explained to him that it was because he was a "backwards idiot".

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
My dad worked with a guy they all called Harpic - because he was 'clean round the bend'.

I knew a guy whose name was Day. His nickname was of course 'Daisy', but if ever a female asked him why he was called that he would say 'it's because I have a long stalk'. (He didn't!)

Brains

Legendary Member
I got my nickname at school, as I looked like the bloke of Thunderbirds.
When I started work I got the same nickname.
After a 45 year career in a number of companies I was still known by the same nickname.
Despite no longer looking like the bloke of Thunderbirds (nor most of my younger colleagues knowing what Thunderbirds was)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
This was quite cruel, in retrospect, but a teacher who had deformation of his hands (on one, two of the fingers were fused together, the other was simply a huge thumb and a huge finger. He was known (only to the kids) as "Creature Teacher". He was an excellent teacher, and we all held him in high regard, despite the nickname.

battered

Guru
This was quite cruel, in retrospect, but a teacher who had deformation of his hands (on one, two of the fingers were fused together, the other was simply a huge thumb and a huge finger. He was known (only to the kids) as "Creature Teacher". He was an excellent teacher, and we all held him in high regard, despite the nickname.
That condition is called "congenital lobsterclaw" and is quite common. A schoolmate had it on his left hand.

Top Bottom