Funny (genuine) nicknames for people you have known of.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Kids can be cruel...but often funny.

We had a kid in our class called Lucas, who was inevitably renamed Mucus by his chums.

In Mini D's class theres a kid called Lennon, and he gets called Lemon. A young teacher at rhe same school had a wispy beard and the kids have nicknamed him Teen Wolf.

Seevio

Guru
I used to work with someone called John Hill. We used to refer to him as "Glorious Leader" after some North Korean bloke.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
An acquaintance in London was called 'Lino'.

The reason was he was always getting into fights, but usually lost so ended up on the floor.

In one job, we had a bloke that everyone called Larry. He asked why, so someone made up a quick story about being after a likable character in a popular comedy, so he's stuck with it for years. In reality, it was after another character in a totally different show that was a pompous fantasist.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I worked for a couple of years about 28 years ago with a young woman whose surname was "Lea".

One day she got a letter addressed to "Miss Leg". From that day in she was known as Leg. Even now, 28 years later (and thus she's in he mid 50s) if we meet her at some function or other it's "Hi Leg, how are you doing?"

I worked for a couple of years about 28 years ago with a young woman whose surname was "Lea".

One day she got a letter addressed to "Miss Leg". From that day in she was known as Leg. Even now, 28 years later (and thus she's in he mid 50s) if we meet her at some function or other it's "Hi Leg, how are you doing?"

It’s amazing how nicknames can stick.

An RAF friend of mine was posted to Chivenor in North Devon as a young man straight out of training.

During the first week he caught the sun a little too much while learning to surf at Saunton Sands and for the whole of his RAF career was known as Red Nose Reynolds, or just Red for short.

in high school Tommy was Fleeting Fox, due to how he ran & caught Frisbees, I was Running Elk, Tommy says for the same reason & Myron was M-cubed (cuz he has 3 names beg. w/ M)

Mr Celine

Discordian
When I was at school there was a Miss Paterson and a Miss Patterson.

To avoid confusion they were nick-named after their most prominent features.

The former, being a ginger, was known as 'Beanhead' while the latter was known as 'Miss Patterson with the two Ts'.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
'Swampy' - first day at senior school and X was allowed to put gravy on his food himself - got a bit excited / carried away - completely covered all of his food and nearly dripping off his plate - some wag pointed and shoutted 'ha swamp' & the legend was born...

Top Bottom