RIP thread for lesser known people

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I think we need a general RIP thread for those interesting people whose passing we would like to note, but don’t warrant a full thread.

Otherwise we end up with loads of RIP threads for people few have ever heard of or remember.

I will start with Tony Green, the Dart referee, commentator and Bullseye presenter.
He made Sunday evening memorable in the 80s

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/68474175

markemark

Über Member
Funnily enough I saw a Bullseye when home late the other week and thought how patient he was with the players. You got the odd good one but most were terrible yet he was still great with them....."That's 4. That's outside the board. That's my foot"

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I think we need a general RIP thread for those interesting people whose passing we would like to note, but don’t warrant a full thread.

Otherwise we end up with loads of RIP threads for people few have ever heard of or remember.

I will start with Tony Green, the Dart referee, commentator and Bullseye presenter.

WHY?

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I could put that under 50% of threads on this forum. So what?

A explanation would have been better.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Okay, if we're starting a thread for lesser-known folk who've left us, I would nominate my late friend Richard Arnold:

Richard Arnold

I first met him in 1987 when he brought a VHS tape of the (then) brand new show 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' for its UK 'premier' ie. 30 people crammed into a pub function room watching a 26" telly. As the show took off, he'd bring tapes with 5-6 recent episodes to conventions for us to keep up with the US well ahead of its real debut on UK TV. He appeared as a 'background actor' in Star Trek: The Motion Picture' & the 2009 reboot 'Star Trek' movie as a Romulan. He worked mainly behind the scenes but did get his name on the ST TNG credits as 'research consultant' and was well known on the convention circuit (he often persuaded other Trek actors to pop over the pond to visit us). He was popular with various Trek casts too. He sadly died suddenly in 2021.

Very memorable. I was normally sat around my grandparents house on Sundays as we always used to visit and Bullseye was a definite feature. I still watch the repeats of it if I see it on, normally something like ChallengeTV or similar.

Is it a myth that a woman won a set of garden furniture and then said "But I live in a flat"?!

Top Bottom