Fusion food, cuisine with a twist, home cooking, mum's cooking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anytime I see any restaurants, cafe or eateries that carry any of the above labels. taglines etc. its a miss. Not a single good experience where the taste bud is concerned. I have come to realise that Fusion means that the chef is qualified but just do not have it.

So what turns you off?

U

User169

Fusion food - jabberwocky food as AA Gill used to put it. Only sensible thing he's ever said.

Fusion food cooking in this house is something that happens when rooting around in the cupboard for the next meal and finding stuff on (or past) it's use by date. @Patrick Stevens seems to do it too.
It's how a naan bread based pizza came about. Other stuff has been less successful.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Take a bow as you put it on!:okay:

Last year I tried to persuade the staff at a fish and chip shop in Leiston (a mile from Sizewell power station) that they should change their name to Fission Chips, pointing out that two doors down from them was Reactor Tattoos. My master plan to start a radioactivity-themed high street was thwarted by their complete disinterest.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Last year I tried to persuade the staff at a fish and chip shop in Leiston (a mile from Sizewell power station) that they should change their name to Fission Chips, pointing out that two doors down from them was Reactor Tattoos. My master plan to start a radioactivity-themed high street was thwarted by their complete disinterest.
Maybe they didn't hear it right.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Did they deep fry Ray diation?

OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

Fusion food cooking in this house is something that happens when rooting around in the cupboard for the next meal and finding stuff on (or past) it's use by date. @Patrick Stevens seems to do it too.
It's how a naan bread based pizza came about. Other stuff has been less successful.

Not sure if you can call that fusion food. Putting together leftovers and finding things in the cupboard and fridge and trying out something is quite sensible and adventurous.

Its the restaurants where a well known dish is cooked differently and they call it fusion. Never seem to come right.

OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

Usually your threads, but I'll make an exception for this one...

Sorry I missed this. Had a similar reaction / comment from a classmate years ago when I attended a new school when the family moved. Other classmates later told me that the guy who was pretty vociferous and known for his quibs became rather quite and withdrawn after I joined the class. Never understood why.

Top Bottom