Future CC Central Scotland Forum Rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
As has been so eloquently expressed by snorri ....
23 pages over 4 weeks to organise the August Forum outing.
.... it has been suggested that, rather than make this a 'Doodle poll/who is going to decide when-where/who is coming' thing, it would be better to set a fixed date (say the last weekend of each month) and whoever is able to be there - is there.

Once we have a fixed date, it will be easier ;) to arrange a route and organiser and we might manage only 10 pages ;).

Comments from interested/pertinent parties will be ignored appreciated.

We are in serious danger of running over the 10 pages, so, following suggestions, here is the summary:

Date: Saturday 26 September
Meeting Place: Dalmeny Station
Time: 1030
Route: Round the Forth
(mainly NCN 76, I think :smile: )
Distance: 45 miles-ish

Riders:
HonestMan1910 - gone to uni in Dundee :sad:
eldudino
irontam ?
Ranger working too hard :sad:
bhoyjim under orders :ohmy:
goo_mason foreign visitors
marooncat :ohmy: :ohmy:
Telemark - :biggrin: in Spain or :wacko: on the plain ?
Scoosh
Hobgoblin + Heather :sad:
Seamab
^ ^ + son and tandem ? :smile:
Jane Smart
HLaB being lazy :tongue:
scook94 on call - and too far from base :smile:
LazyFatGit enjoying too much :sad:/:ohmy: Down Under :blush:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Tuh, where is the fun in that :blush:

Can I suggest a west coast ride in the future. I'm sure I could come up with a route (avoiding Crow Road and Tak Ma Doon:smile:). There is also a train station not too far away and my wife makes a very nice chocolate brownie! :blush:

I think there are enough people wanting to ride that if we set dates and times etc far in advance that enough people could make it. Maybe I will look into a local route and set a date and time shortly....:sad:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
magnatom said:
Can I suggest a west coast ride in the future. I'm sure I could come up with a route (avoiding Crow Road and Tak Ma Doon:smile:).

I vaguely recall that such a thing has been suggested in the past, has it finally sunk in?? :blush: And no you can't claim the PfS on the grounds that it starts in Glasgow... :sad:

magnatom said:
There is also a train station not too far away and my wife makes a very nice chocolate brownie! ;)

Has she been informed of asked about this?? A chocolate brownie! It would need to be a big one!! ;)

For the record Mrs HJ wasn't asked, she suggested it...

MrRidley

Agree with Scoosh, the rides should maybe take place on say the last sun of the month, and rotated around glasgow, edinburgh, falkirk and stirling so that it's easier to get to for the majority of people.

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
bhoyjim said:
Agree with Scoosh, the rides should maybe take place on say the last sun of the month, and rotated around glasgow, edinburgh, falkirk and stirling so that it's easier to get to for the majority of people.
Don't forget Perth :ohmy: A great ride from there earlier in the year and seemed quite convenient to reach.

All courtesy of TechMech :biggrin:

scook94

Veteran
bhoyjim said:

Sounds like sensible idea, even though it means I won't be able to make the one in September (unless I get my on call swapped)

Last Sunday of September is 27th, and Magnatom is organising the route.

Sorted. :biggrin:

[EDIT: typo]

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
scook94 said:
Sounds like sensible idea, even though it means I won't be able to make the one in September (unless I get my on call swapped)

Last Sunday of September is 25th, and Magnatom is organising the route.

Sorted. ;)
:biggrin: :ohmy: :bravo:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

adscrim

Veteran
scook94 said:

Last Sunday of September is 27th, and Magnatom is organising the route.

corrected that for you;)

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
scook94 said:

Last Sunday of September is 25th, and Magnatom is organising the route.

It's been over an hour since you posted that Steven and absolutely bugger-all's been done...

Get your finger out Mags! :ohmy:

Seamab

The last Sunday of Sept is the 27th. I agree it's time to head West.

Vinega took me on a nice run from Glasgow to Kilmacolm earlier in the year. It was a wee bit hilly to Kilmacolm but there was a nice pub stop there (right at the start of the cyclepath) and a lovely well surfaced old railway line downhill cycle path to Paisley. The loop really starts/ends in central Paisley (it was good enough for Lance!). I think it was around 30 miles.
We started at Pollok Park in Glasgow (lots of car parking) and followed the NCN cyclepath to Paisley. It runs through a few schemes much like the Edinburgh one. Railway users could meet up in Paisley if preferred.

Perhaps some of the Glasgow crowd would know this route?

I'm putting this forward as a suggestion as I do not know it well enough to "organise" plus i'm considering the Ullapool Sportive on the 26th so might not make it anyway.

Um, em, err, right, umm err! ;)

The problem is my knowledge is limited to the north of the city and usually involves a few hills.

I quite often work on Sundays, but I will see what I can do for the 29th (or possibly the 28th?) and I will have a look at routes.

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
magnatom said:
Um, em, err, right, umm err! :rolleyes:

The problem is my knowledge is limited to the north of the city and usually involves a few hills.

I quite often work on Sundays, but I will see what I can do for the 29th (or possibly the 28th?) and I will have a look at routes.
Funny that, I was sure I had met you on a CC Forum ride ..... and we've only had 1 on a non-Sunday :laugh:.

Sorry to have shot down your get-out clause but what would the ride be like without the crowds screaming for your autograph :laugh:.

Actually, it was very quiet on Sunday ..... :blush:

Top Bottom