Scotland : Kingdom of Fife Future CC Ecosse TOUR Suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeW-71

Veteran
You want to do it back as well? :thumbsup:
After reading @Rickshaw Phil's reports from his Lakes holidays, if we decide to go there I must start diet and hill repeats now :laugh:
I'd like to go visit Loch Ness, but yeah, I'd take on riding back again. Allowing 10 days @ 50 miles per day allows a couple of free days :thumbsup:

The Lakes can be excellent. Anyone who likes gingerbread must go to Grasmere and get some there :hungry: It's just working out a route that avoids big passes and major roads. I'm going to go check out what could be a nice coffee stop tommorrow as it happens :cuppa:

Me creating a thread or organising a tour is only going to end one way::cry:

Isn't Inverness reasonably cyclist friendly? Compared to, say, Fort William/Oban I've never had difficulty travelling back from Inverness.

Lochs and Glens north was my first tour, it was mostly flat, some lumps, no real hills, pay no attention to the Duke's Pass, the Aberfoyle road, south of Loch Tay, Drumochter Pass or the man behind the curtain...

Rather than doing a there-and-back-again, the more adventurous could do the whole Lochs and Glens route from Carlisle to Inverness.

Re: Glasgow-Inverness and back over 8-10 days, you could do the lion's share of a JoGLE in that time at pootle pace. Just saying :bicycle::wahhey:

I've plotted the route for the Lochs and Glens - but I've replaced the section between Glasgow and Balloch with a trip over the Queen's View. (It can go back if people aren't sick to death of that route by now :thumbsup:)

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/5769209

There is a pretty rough offroad section, but we can route around it if there is will within the group (although it would mean a. missing out on the spectacularly named Loch Drunkie and b. riding on the somewhat busy road on the north shore of Loch Venachar)

Date wise, shall we tentatively say Friday 10th July 2015 - Monday 13th July 2015? :wahhey:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Me like very much @Edwardoka.
Did the Queen's view bit with Rasmus last February (I think) weather was horrific, lost a cateye on the descent, would be nice to do the route in sunshine :rolleyes:
Start a new thread! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
I've plotted the route for the Lochs and Glens - but I've replaced the section between Glasgow and Balloch with a trip over the Queen's View. (It can go back if people aren't sick to death of that route by now :thumbsup:)

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/5769209

There is a pretty rough offroad section, but we can route around it if there is will within the group (although it would mean a. missing out on the spectacularly named Loch Drunkie and b. riding on the somewhat busy road on the north shore of Loch Venachar)

Date wise, shall we tentatively say Friday 10th July 2015 - Monday 13th July 2015? :wahhey:

I have a feeling we are on holiday round about then (yes I even plan that well in advance - sad, I know), so that date might be out for me.

I'll double check the dates tomorrow and let you know - didn't want you thinking it had to revolve around me!
But you are our intrepid, fearless, all-encompassing glorious leader! We can't go on a tour without you! That would be like going on a tour without @Pat "5mph"!

(once you've done your challenge ;))
:cry::cold::boxing::gun:

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
I'm Scottish, and a cyclist, and quite fancied some kind of 'tour' next year.

And I conveniently have 7 weeks holiday each year from the beginning of July to about the 3rd week in August.

Although I don't know anybody (well, met Louch last week!) I'm sure I could get to know folk!

I'm Scottish, and a cyclist, and quite fancied some kind of 'tour' next year.

And I conveniently have 7 weeks holiday each year from the beginning of July to about the 3rd week in August.

Although I don't know anybody (well, met Louch last week!) I'm sure I could get to know folk!
:hello: Welcome aboard the good ship CC Ecosse - we tend to do forum rides every month or two and you quickly get to know people (particularly when sharing a dormitory with them!)
I'm still trying to nail down the details for next year's tour but you should definitely come along on one of the rides before then!

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
I intend to, just getting used to my bike, my level of fitness and then I'm good to go.

Am doing 20 miles at a time on commute but don't want to try 40 in one go in public just yet - I don't want witnesses when I realise how unfit I am!!

Will be ready soon though!

I intend to, just getting used to my bike, my level of fitness and then I'm good to go.

Am doing 20 miles at a time on commute but don't want to try 40 in one go in public just yet - I don't want witnesses when I realise how unfit I am!!

Will be ready soon though!
Don't worry about fitness levels, all CC Ecosse rides have two mantras:

No-one left behind
There will be cake :hungry:

There are probably more than that but but the above two stick in the mind for some reason :thumbsup:

Top Bottom