Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu tar and chip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KEEN CYCLIST

Closed at Lennoxtown side, yes. East Dunbartonshire's website says it is carrying out landslide repairs over 11 days. Due to open 16th September. Closed from LT up until the car park. Should be open at the Fintry (Stirling Council) end if anybody fancies some body, bike and clothes damage. I made it out yesterday morning to do the same ride as the ill-fated one 2 weeks ago only to be disappointed with a 'road closed' sign.

PS: Anybody fancy giving a statement to my solicitor to verify that the Fintry side is hazardous to cyclists?

tyred

Legendary Member
They do it all the time around here and it never lasts. Six months later, there will be "bald" patches in the road surface where the surface dressing has worn off and it leaves what would be a perfectly smooth road as rough as fark. I hate it.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I

I'd like to thank all the cyclists who stopped and offered their time and help, great guys - thank you! I was unable to cycle the remaining 20 miles home due to mechanical damage to the bike and physical damage to me, the only alternative was ambulance. Thanks guys.

Good god man, glad to hear you're here to tell us what you think happened. I dread having an accident when I feel like I'm being sensible, I've had a few when I knew I was being a careless dick but the shocker will be one when I'm taking care :sad:

Get well soon.

Gary E

Veteran
My local council must be doing the cheap repair even cheaper - all gravel and no tar usually on downhill runs that have negative camber :cursing:

If I wanted to ride off-road I'd buy a bl%&*y Mountain Bike and ride it through a farm!!!!!!!!!!!

U

User6179

I wonder if the top dress method increases car tyre wear and increases petrol cosumption as Im assuming it increases rolling resistance.
It might be costing motorist millions in extra costs.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
This is bonkers. Stockport Road in Bredbury was recently top coated. Was a nightmare for a few days, and it's rough know.

Anyway, the contractors have been back and resurfaced the pavements, guess what, silky smooth tarmac, done a good job too. Time to ride on that then. LOL.

Top Bottom