Gadgets you've never used

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I've had a Bose iPod dock for a year or more, but have only used it a handful of times.

Don't know why, it works well enough.

Sound quality is OK, but the Bose 'quart out of a pint pot' marketing is just that - marketing puff.

Last couple of times I used it was to charge the iPod, which is a dear way of doing that.

So £250 effectively wasted.

Any other contributions?

I was thinking electrical items, but as this is a cycling forum we can include bike stuff as well.

vickster

Legendary Member
I bought a used Garmin 705, never used it, sold a few months later

I used a George Forman grill just once, now gathers dust in kitchen!

Venod

Eh up
Laptop, I always fire up the desktop or use the wife's tablet, must make a New Year resolution to get some use out of it.

stephec

Legendary Member
I bought a pie maker ages ago, similar to a toasted sandwich maker but with cut outs in a pie shape.

Place your pastry in the two holes, chuck in the filling, and close.

Then a short while later open and enjoy the poo that it creates. :smile:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
A hand crafted Gordon Smith electric guitar... paid my deposit, waited two months for it to be made, paid the rest got the guitar and played it a handful of times... I just prefer acoustic guitars. It looks nice though.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Food processor. Used it a couple of times but figured out it was quicker to chop the onion and wash the knife than use the food processor.
Food steamer. Just don't even go there. SWMBO wanted to steam her (our) food as it would be healthy. Used a couple of times, now in cupboard next to the food processor. I want a breadmaker but I'm told I can't have one based on the history of the steamer!!!

postman

Legendary Member
Oooh shame - I think the taste of veg is much better in the steamer than boiled. Potatoes with a little bit of butter for example:hungry: I wouldn't normally go for boiled potatoes too.
My wife bought a three tier one from Sainsburys it looks a little flimsy,but boy does it do veg.Perfect everytime.I live and learn.Much better than pans.

Top Bottom