Gain D50 battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wily12

I recentley ordered a 2022 Gain D50 from Spain. The store it was shipped to could not get the battery to fire up. Orbea sent another and it won't hold a charge. Should I be concerned?

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I recentley ordered a 2022 Gain D50 from Spain. The store it was shipped to could not get the battery to fire up. Orbea sent another and it won't hold a charge. Should I be concerned?

Yes I would be. It's not acceptable. Faulty, not fit for purpose. The store and Orbea should sort it out and supply you with a bike in perfect condition.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'd be very concerned. An ebike with a non functioning e part is about as useful as Accy's idea to cure the problem of his low ceiling by chopping his head off.

Dadam

It's concerning. I've read of the odd issue but not a systemic problem with the batteries. Touch wood mine has been fine.
If you're on FB, there's a group with a lot of knowledgeable people. Search the Orbea Gain Electric Owners Club

albion

Guru
My first thought is that cells dropped below 2.5v thus damaging them.
However the BMS is meant to prevent this, I assume by, I assume, monitoring the voltage of every single cell.

I am unsure if instead they use average pack voltage. But that would need regular balancing to do a similar task.

Top Bottom