Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Mod Note:
Opening post slightly modified at the request of @ColinJ.
Hope I did it correctly :smile:

The object of this game is to identify where a photograph was taken. It should be taken on a public road which you have ridden in the UK, or somewhere very interesting that you would like to ride one day. (It's not that I don't like seeing photos from round the world but we really don't stand much chance of identifying (for example) a dirt road to a small temple in Vietnam!)

It would be nice if the picture featured you and/or your riding companion(s) and/or your bike(s) but don't worry about that if you just took a snap of the scenery, interesting building, bridge, whatever. If you don't have a photo of your own, just take a screenshot from Google Street View but if you do that, remember to crop out/mask any identifying features!!

I prefer country roads but if it is your turn to post the photo then you can decide for yourself whether to feature a backstreet in Cardiff (whatever/wherever)!

The named winner of the current round should go on to post a picture of their road of choice.

There should be something in the picture which would allow the location to be identified or at least an idea of where to start looking. If there appears to be no progress after a reasonable period of time (a day or two, say) you can start to offer clues. Try to choose somewhere not too obvious but not too obscure either - we do want to be able to identify the location without too many clues!

Choose a nice view with an interesting bridge/church/statue/landscape/(whatever) feature.

PS Rename your photo before uploading if its filename identifies the location!

I'll go first and will select the winner once the scene has been identified ...

Where was this photo taken?

Where was this taken.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jay clock

Massive member
Scotland?

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

[QUOTE 5074416, member: 9609"]@ColinJ - not sure if I will be here much Monday so could someone else take a go - sorry colin, I may be shouldn't have entered[/QUOTE]
No problem!

@Eddy, even though you were wrong, it was a decent guess - do you fancy going next?

jay clock

Massive member
Yes, but try to identify the road itself and not just the country - ha ha!

No more clues until tomorrow afternoon to see if anybody can work it out without any further help ... :okay:
OK, but at least I made a correct starter for 10. Not a clue otherwise

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Indeed, it IS somewhere in the Yorkshire Dales!

If you don't know that dale then checking out maps and Street view will help you find it.

There are other ways, but they would be considered cheating! :whistle:

Last edited:
Top Bottom