Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Is it Kingsdale, heading south towards Ingleton, with Whernside in the distance?
We have a winner!

Yes, we were heading south (ish) but the camera is pointing north (ish).

It definitely would have been cheating for SoV to answer, as this photo shows (SoV in yellow) ...! :okay:

Bill-SoV-Kevin-Kingsdale.jpg

We were waiting for @rusty bearing to catch up. He'd suffered a puncture way back and we hadn't noticed that he was no longer with us! Probably my fault - I am a bit hard of hearing so I could have missed hearing him shout.

I think PMing someone who you know knows the answer probably IS cheating! :laugh:

The cheating that I had in mind was searching my forum rides for the ones I have done in the Yorkshire Dales. It wouldn't have taken long to find those photos!

Your turn, @Aravis!

Aravis

Putrid Donut
OK then - I was going to plead to be allowed to use something from over the channel. But after scanning an old slide of the final few yards of ascent to the summit of the Puy Mary I found that the guy in the picture isn't me after all!

So heres a somewhat more local one:

Whereisthis.JPG

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
The river has a very short name, and that's not a question.
Hah! A bridge over the Wye somewhere. But I have no idea where, so we're not at the answer yet.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Hah! A bridge over the Wye somewhere. But I have no idea where, so we're not at the answer yet.
Unfortunately not. That wasn't quite what I was trying to imply.

A couple more clues. It's very close to the town of the same name as the river, and over 18000 riders have posted times on the Strava segments on this road, making it one of the most popular I know of - in my area at least.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
That'll be Chain Bridge Road over the Usk.
Haha - so confident of winning you've already posted you entry! You're right of course.

Annoyingly, Chain Bridge has been reduced to a single lane controlled by traffic lights since I used to ride that way regularly from Bristol in the 1980s, but it's a great landmark.

I think that @Richard A Thackeray's bridge is Ferrybridge over the river Aire.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Can we jump in at random??
A simple one

View attachment 386978
It's a nice picture but the idea is to take it in rounds and wait until the current picture poster confirms that you are right - even if you know that you are! :okay:

The winner posts the next picture and so on. If we all start posting pictures then it just becomes another 'show us something nice' thread rather than a game.

Anyway, I have an idea about Smegger's picture. I'll check it on Street View. If it isn't the one that I am thinking of, then it looks pretty similar ... (Nope - I don't know it!)

Last edited:
Top Bottom