Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oddly enough, when I typed Helwith Bridge, I meant to type Halton Gill, that being at the top of Littondale. Weird.

EDIT to add ... I'll put another one up within the hour.

UK somewhere.jpg

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am particularly pleased that my detective powers did not fail me ... It obviously looks like the Dales. There is a river running parallel to the road below, with a bridge to cross to the village. It looks like there is a lane going left out of the village but a minor one which probably doesn't go anywhere. It is a steep-sided valley and I deduced from the shadows on the hillside that it probably ran vaguely NW-SE. There is a gully up the opposite hillside from the village which no doubt has a stream running down it. The village looks pretty remote.

Lovely ride, that valley.
Apart from it being fun trying to 'Name That Road', my intention was that we would post photographs that inspire people to ride in places that they haven't been to before. SoV actually took us down that road on this year's the 2016 Settle forum ride and yes, it is a lovely road!

I won't name SoV's road because I was the one taking the photo! :okay:

Last edited:

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Ha - I found it - Halton Gill!

I could have sworn that I checked it earlier.
Bullseye.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think the definitely falls into the category of "If you know it, you know it, and if you don't, then you don't"! :laugh:

(I don't know it!)

PS Actually, it slightly reminds me of Ridehalgh Lane (Widdop Road) between Hebden Bridge and Colne. I don't think that it is there, but your photo was taken from a different angle to the view from the Google car.

Ridehalgh Lane.jpg

Top Bottom