Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robjh

Legendary Member
Rob - now that the location has been identified ... That climb features on the local Season of Mists audax event which is well worth tackling if you can ever arrange to be up here that weekend in early October. It seems that the event takes place in either glorious or foul conditions and it is pot luck which you get. I'd say that it has been about 50-50 over the past 10 years or so.

Forum threads on past editions of SoM for you to look at.
Well I never - apparently I have already ridden that road, but didn't recognise it. It was the day after your forum ride to Glasson Dock the other year, and my notes tell me I rode from Blackshaw Head via Widdop Reservoir to Brierfield, on to Slaidburn, and later on returning Trawden - Widdop Reservoir - Blackshaw Head. I know it was a great route but clearly my memory is not photographic!

robjh

Legendary Member
Well, I am surprised! It looked right, but I don't remember the hill being quite so prominent. Mind you, it was a few years ago (and it was during a perm version of Chris Crossland's Season of Mists, or possibly one of Don Black's perms, with a pint at Mytholmroyd before my train home).

Anyway, here's one from the weekend: View attachment 387818
Sleightholme Moor road?

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Correct.On the way back to Darlo after a night at Tan Hill.
Blimey - I wouldn't have fancied that after a night at the pub... I reckon that I would have ended up careering down the embankment on the left into Sleightholme Beck!

I once rode to the Packhorse Inn on Widdop Rd between Hebden Bridge and Thursden (featured in my previous photograph). I almost crashed on the way home on the steep hairpinned descent at Blake Dean. After that I decided that drink-cycling was not for me! :laugh:

Steep hairpinned climb at Blake Dean scout hostel.jpg

Last edited:

robjh

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5086624, member: 9609"]Looks like you are heading towards Torridan with Alligin on the left.
I reckon you are on the Strathcarron Shildaig road[/QUOTE]
Again, so close but no.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Since I passed my opportunity a few days ago, I'll step into the gap this time. A change from the mountains, but nevertheless some distinctively shaped hills:

View.JPG

Top Bottom