Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Are we looking across the Lune?
The right side of the country!

The large, isolated building in the distance close to the sea. What might that be?

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The right side of the country!

The large, isolated building in the distance close to the sea. What might that be?
I was thinking... a nuclear power station? :whistle:

I am alternating between the forum and trying to put Linux on my other laptop so I don't have time to look at satellite images, but I reckon it is round by Barrow-in-Furness somewhere!

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I thought it was Hinkley Point viewed from Burnham on Sea
Bullseye. Here's a street view from Google Maps. It makes the wooden thing I was on look a bit more like a road:

So the nearer hills in the background are the Quantocks, with a bit of Exmoor behind the power station.

This was at the end of a 142 mile ride from Gloucester last September, via Zeals for the A-Z challenge. I was amused at the "empty bottles" comment because about 8 miles from the end I'd finished the last of my water, reckoning it would do me more good inside me than in the bottle. Moments later there was a nice lady beside the road spraying her garden with a hose - when does that ever happen when you really need it?

My wife was driving back from Cornwall that day and we'd arranged to meet at this spot. One of the good days; if I'd waited about 10 minutes I could've photographed a fantastic sunset.

Over to @All uphill ...

All uphill

Still rolling along
Wow!

You may be able to be more precise than me on this one! I know I was about 5 miles from my destination.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Wow, indeed... That is definitely one that you wouldn't know if you hadn't been along that road, but definitely would remember if you had! :laugh:

Something (slightly) similar was done to a local building when the Tour de France peloton went up the Cragg Vale climb in 2014. The owner of a cottage on the road going up onto the moor painted the building like a polka dot jersey. It stayed like that for several years, but has been painted over now.

robjh

Legendary Member
Wow!
View attachment 500621
You may be able to be more precise than me on this one! I know I was about 5 miles from my destination.
Not even a google image search of 'painted cottage' helps with this one.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Something Google can't help with?

Surely not?

I've spent the last hour looking at my route that day and have got the location now.

Too difficult?

OldShep

Über Member
Real easy for anyone who has passed that cottage they wouldn’t forget it.
apart from the artwork I can see no other clues.
I guessed Lincolnshire recently because of the type of fence post in the pic.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Its well south of Lincolnshire.

If there are no guesses this evening I'll tell you the answer and put up something with a few more clues in the picture. Is that OK?

Top Bottom