Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Sorry, I should have written first 20 rather than top. So to make it a little easier, Warren‘s climb and another very close to it have hosted the National Hill Climb Championship multiple times. However, my climb has never hosted it.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Got it. The road doesn't seem to have a name but it goes through Lark Stoke near Ilmington. Which is near Chipping Campden, which is near to Dover's Hill in Gloucestershire which is Simon Warren's #13

1597437899831.png

1597437959646.png

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I took this in 2016. It's an exercise in perspective for cycling artists.

1597438544993.png

I could have gone and visited Big Ears nearby, but on that day I chose not to.

PS I think I'd best retire from this thread now I've got one. It's a hideous time waster!!^_^

Trickedem

Guru
I took this in 2016. It's an exercise in perspective for cycling artists.

View attachment 541712

I could have gone and visited Big Ears nearby, but on that day I chose not to.

PS I think I'd best retire from this thread now I've got one. It's a hideous time waster!!^_^
I recognise that road! Flat with lots of pylons in the distance. It's the road towards Dungeness and never seems to have a tailwind.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.9...BtMDFg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en-GB&authuser=0

Attachments

• dungenss.jpg
    dungenss.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 2

Trickedem

Guru
This is a long way from home for me. I can report that on the same ride I went through a village famous for a horse event. I also rode quite a distance along an old railway and beside a river with a fairly short name.
IMG_20190908_141918.jpg

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
This is a long way from home for me. I can report that on the same ride I went through a village famous for a horse event. I also rode quite a distance along an old railway and beside a river with a fairly short name.
View attachment 541716

Damn you I cycled past that on a dinner dart to / from an Audax reunion. But can’t find the place on Google. Will have to look on OS as it’s location is distinctive when viewing the contours where it is located.

Last edited:
Top Bottom