Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Here's the next.

I used this junction an hour ago...
- name that road.jpg


Name that road! :smile:
 
Here's the next.

I used this junction an hour ago...
View attachment 822254

Name that road! :smile:

Are you at home or away at the moment? That. might narrow the search area.
 
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Here's another view of the same junction
View attachment 822436
That's a huge clue!

It looks like it is where I thought it must be, but I didn't spot it yesterday.

Someone will probably have got it by 10 pm, which is when I can get back to searching. If not, I am sure that I will track it down then.

Now back to holiday preparations...

PS I will take snaps of nice roads while I am away and keep them for future NTRs.
 
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
correct!

Over to you :smile:
I made a silly slip... I didn't notice that it was a Google photo so I was judging direction from shadows that I thought were on a picture taken an hour or two before sunset! I thought the road was heading southish.
 

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I made a silly slip... I didn't notice that it was a Google photo so I was judging direction from shadows that I thought were on a picture taken an hour or two before sunset! I thought the road was heading southish.

I did have a feeling those shadows would confuse... mid morning I guess, in April.

Apart from downhill, I've no idea which direction Alex321 is heading.
 
Does that look like a major route? And I said "recorded as".
For as real clue, it is listed in this document
https://romanroads.org/Newsletters/newsletter_26_summer_23.pdf

It reminds me of Mid-Wales. and more specifically the areas near Sennybridge or Brecon, but can't find anything matching. It's a fairly important road judging from the size and white edge-lines, but not enough to have central road markings, so it could be a B-road or a well-used unclassified road.
As for Roman roads, there's a lot in that link - if we are talking about Wales then this is just one page of three. Might take a while to find...
1791394238784.png
 

Alex321

Guru
Location
South Wales
It reminds me of Mid-Wales. and more specifically the areas near Sennybridge or Brecon, but can't find anything matching. It's a fairly important road judging from the size and white edge-lines, but not enough to have central road markings, so it could be a B-road or a well-used unclassified road.
As for Roman roads, there's a lot in that link - if we are talking about Wales then this is just one page of three. Might take a while to find...
View attachment 823856

Well I cycled a loop from home in the Vale of Glamorgan, so that reduces the list a lot :smile:
 
Top Bottom