Gandalf corner Larndon.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've seen some of these videos - one woman got out to argue for a significant amount of time. Blooming obvious they shouldn't be doing it.

Whilst not Gandalf Corner, Mikey meets Chris Eubank is superb.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Everyone cuts corners round here. A few weeks ago, a knobber in a Mini turned into a side road on the left of me (I was waiting to emerge and turn right) because he couldn't be arsed to go round me.

• Sad
Reactions: C R

figbat

Slippery scientist
I've seen some of these videos - one woman got out to argue for a significant amount of time. Blooming obvious they shouldn't be doing it.
I remember this one - she was the passenger and she and the driver were doctors off to urgently see patients. So urgently that they could waste 5 minutes arguing the toss about moral and legal rights and wrongs. Not urgently enough to need a blue or even green light though... :whistle:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I remember this one - she was the passenger and she and the driver were doctors off to urgently see patients. So urgently that they could waste 5 minutes arguing the toss about moral and legal rights and wrongs. Not urgently enough to need a blue or even green light though... :whistle:

Oh there was another lady in a Merc (I think) - younger..

Drago

Legendary Member
I remember that one. I seem to recall that as the car eventually backed away the female alleged healthcare practitioner was making thinly veiled threads towards the chap.

That sort of behaviour is incompatible with employment as a healthcare professional, particularly as they have gone out of their waymto identify themselves as a healthcare professional, and in that position id had shown the footage to the GMC/Nursing Council/Sphincter Doctors Association (delete as applicable).

I doubt anyone would have lost their job over it, but it would be a very unpleasant entry in red pen on their record and would likely have consequences for lateral or vertical career moves in the future. Even better, the apology they would have been forced to give in order to escape with only an official reprimand would be a painful, bleeding stain on their soul.

DRM

Guru
There was one with a bloke that was really aggressive in a BMW I think that kept running into Cycling Mikey, the police showed up and the blokes whole attitude changed, but when he went to get in the car and drive off because ”he was late for work” one of the met’s finest told him in no uncertain terms to come with me and pointed out the keep left sign and read the riot act to this idiot.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I so wonder if this is not about lawbreaking itself, it's more about some personal drive that Mikey has, and his need for 'trophies' - something I hear him repeating to other drivers. I also worry about the implications of his activity for other cyclists v-a-v the attitude of drivers towards them as a result of his widely-publicised videos.

This location is easy to police, were there the will, and would be a perfect location for a fixed camera. The action is obviously illegal, and deeply antisocial, for sure, but I do wonder how much actual danger there is, and what the accident record is there. Does anyone know?

Retreats to bunker, hopes its recent reinforcements will prove effective :smile:

winjim

Smash the cistern
I so wonder if this is not about lawbreaking itself, it's more about some personal drive that Mikey has, and his need for 'trophies' - something I hear him repeating to other drivers. I also worry about the implications of his activity for other cyclists v-a-v the attitude of drivers towards them as a result of his widely-publicised videos.

This location is easy to police, were there the will, and would be a perfect location for a fixed camera. The action is obviously illegal, and deeply antisocial, for sure, but I do wonder how much actual danger there is, and what the accident record is there. Does anyone know?

Retreats to bunker, hopes its recent reinforcements will prove effective :smile:
I think Mikey's father was killed by a drink driver which might go some way towards explaining his motivation.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
One of the reasons Mike is so vigilant

Top Bottom