Garden bike storage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shoxt3r

Hi all,

I've got a Carrera Subway and I currently store it in the house in a small cupboard under the stairs. It isn't ideal as I have to practically empty the entrance to the cupboard of bins and other bits every time I want to go for a ride.

I've got a Keter Store It Out Max and a half-full Keter Store It Out Arc but neither have the width or height to store my bike.

Can anyone recommend a relatively inexpensive and secure storage box or other method to keep my bike in? Space is a little limited in the garden but I'm sure I could make space, especially if it meant I could free up the cupboard space

Thanks in advance!

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Decent garden tool storage thingy from B&Q or something similar. Lockable etc.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I bought one of those plastic "sheds", it was about £100 but probably not quite tall enough for a bike. They might do taller ones. IME they are completely waterproof and quite sturdy. I keep the lawnmower in there and it's always bone dry even after the weather we've had. Other option is to make one, just a large box with an opening front. CLS studwork timber and some paint/varnish, would work out about the same as a bought plastic shed but will be much sturdier. You could put a ground anchor in if you have concrete, or if that's not allowed where you live, perhaps secure the bike to the shed itself, would slow up a would-be-thief

PaulSB

Legendary Member
And every bike thief in Leicestershire now knows where to pick up four bikes one evening!

I live in a conservation area. We have to apply for planning permission on garden sheds and many other things. The council planning department is correct in my view.

If every house put up a shed of some sort in the front garden it would likely change the character of the street in question.

Top Bottom