Garden furniture maintenance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Gentle rocking is very soothing.
Serious question here. Not being funny,but what is the point of a swing seat? They don't look like they can swing very much,like those swings we see in children's areas of parks do. If they don't swing much as i suspect,why not just have a normal static bench?🤔
^^ What @Spinney said ^^
A bench for Swingers.

Kinky sex games in the garden?
Actually, it cannot be seen from any surrounding windows. But...

Drago

Legendary Member
If you try linseed oil make sure its the boiled variety, or itll nevery dry fully.

Personally id go danish oil. Its a mix of oil and vanish, dirt cheap, easy to apply, ages gracefully, and is easy to prep for another coat a few years further down the line.

Did quite a bit of research on this when we bought our teak table and chairs some years ago.

General conclusion/advice was either be prepared to retreat it regularly (lots of work) or let it age/weather naturally. Ours looks slightly grey weathered but has had nothing but an overwinter cover. Don’t make work for yourself

kynikos

Veteran
I'm with Landsurfer on this. I've just got rid of a bamboo rocker which has been in the garden for 20 years - outside 24/7 April/September and garaged over winter. Zero maintenance in all that time.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
All I need now is a dry spell!!
It might be a while :laugh:

Buck

Guru
If you go for Osmo Oil be careful as it is designed for vertical surfaces only.
we have Osmo on our fence, man shed and canopy and all is great. The garden furniture doesn’t last though.

A good place to buy from is www.wood-finishes-direct.com. Best prices and next day delivery.

Top Bottom