Garden furniture maintenance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Ok I have taken advantage of the cooler weather and have oiled the bench and frame,I used boiled linseed oil.Put it on with a cloth.It went on really well,covered beautifully.A nice dark colour.Now waiting to see how long it takes to dry.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I now have some Teak Oil. I might apply a coat later on today.

Edit: Apparently, I have to fix a dripping tap first, though 😂

postman

Legendary Member
Came up really well,this has a rich dark red seat cushion and matching cover over the top.

Attachments

• IMG_20210603_132558_burst_01.jpg
    IMG_20210603_132558_burst_01.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20210603_132546_burst_01.jpg
    IMG_20210603_132546_burst_01.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Came up really well,this has a rich dark red seat cushion and watch by cover over the top.
looks nice that.....i'm in the middle of building an arbor seating area for the Mrs

just need to make the custom bench now……..which is 75% complete

timber costs a fortune lol

postman

Legendary Member
My word the sun awoke at two thirty,I looked at my watch,it's hot,well the boiled linseed oil was already dry,the seat and frame look superb.It is the first time I have oiled any garden furniture,wow the wood has been transformed.And it did not take long not was it hard,even the underside of the bench got treated.

postman

Legendary Member
Yesterday I have the garden shed a coat of forest green shed fence paint,it covered superbly.Today has been a lawn cutting day,plus some overhead branches from next doors hedge got a trimming.We are locked in tomorrow while 13-00 due to a triathlon,so some weeding is going to be done.But boy is it hot.

Top Bottom