Garden rotivator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rent one from local tool hire shop.

Broadside

Guru
It depends how often you think you may use it. If it’s to churn up a bad old lawn or you need quite a bit of power then I would hire one. They’re relatively cheap to hire a big heavy beast that will make light work of it. They are still hard to use so the heavier the machine the better it will bite in and get the job done. Hiring also means you don’t need to store it afterwards.

A week?
Find a tool hire place that rents by the day.
Most places I use will rent for a day, and if you find you need it tomorrow just ring them up and extend.
A good machine will turn a decent sized patch over several times in a morning. The first time is the hardest, then it gets easier.

For a normal sized garden you won't want more than one day's hire.

Don't know where you got £200 per week from. This is from HSS website...

Even £74 is too much. One day will be enough.

Broadside

Guru
With jobs like this you’ll be happy to see the machine being returned, hit it hard and get it done in one day, don’t prolong the agony!

Dave 123

Legendary Member
@clid61 I’m going to be patronising here...

Have you used one before?

Don’t fight with the machine. Push down on the handles to get it to dig in.

If the ground is hard and compact, irrigation for a couple of days beforehand may help you.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Rotorvators are great for turning over hard unbroken ground. But, if there is an abundance of perennial weeds the rotors chop the roots up into tiny pieces which will all start growing, so for a while it will take time removing the forest of weeds that will sprout.
Gardening is great fun🤔

Top Bottom