Garmin 200 ... Factory reset does not clear data from device

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Garmin 200 ... Factory reset does not clear data from device.
HELP !
Please, if you do not have an answer to this Garmin 200 problem do not post with answers for other models ... :laugh: ... again ....

So ...Garmin 200 ... Factory reset does not clear data from device...... help !!
How do i do it ......

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I assume you want rid of old rides due to storage ? - plug into a PC/laptop and navigate (hee hee) to the history folder and either move the lot to your PC or delete if sync'ed

OP
OP
Landsurfer

Landsurfer

Veteran
I'm on MAC ..... but thank you ... loved the navigate thing ...^_^

I've bought a second hand 200 ... sorry ..."pre-owned" .... and i want to get rid of the previous owners data

Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Not a 200 but a Garmin. I delete rides as I go, i.e once there are about 10 rides recorded they get scrubbed. As this is done one ride at a time you have to keep on top of this or it could be a marathon session to dustbin each ride individually. I don't use the Garmin much, particularly since I joined Strava, so deleting old rides isn't particularly onerous for me.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Ok, stuff you! I was trying to point out that you may have to sit down and clear history one ride at a time, but maybe you can work it out for yourself.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Does the 200 contain personal information as well as rides? If so, just deleting rides (one by one, as you go, or all at once) might not be good enough.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Mac should be able to see the internal file structure of the garmin, as long as you have a data cable, not merely a charging cable.
Ride data will be in files ending with FIT and can simply be deleted.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Mac should be able to see the internal file structure of the garmin, as long as you have a data cable, not merely a charging cable.
Ride data will be in files ending with FIT and can simply be deleted.
Ah, I had that problem with my Edge 500! I hadn't realised that there were 2 types of cable until I tried a different one which did work.

Top Bottom