Garmin 200 memory

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Burnsy

One of our members has a Garmin 200, when plugged into a pc it comes up memory almost full, but all visible folders are empty. We have deleted all rides, checked nothing in ‘new files’ folder, done a factory reset. Any ideas?

OP
OP
Burnsy

Burnsy

Rats, that was my solution. I had a similar problem with an Oregon and factory reset sorted it. Even though it's saying almost full, can you still copy stuff into the new files folder or does that fail? (Just wondering if its crying wolf)
[/QUOTE
Rats, that was my solution. I had a similar problem with an Oregon and factory reset sorted it. Even though it's saying almost full, can you still copy stuff into the new files folder or does that fail? (Just wondering if its crying wolf)
Thanks, no will not accept TCX files into new files folder. Checked the file was OK by successfully putting the same file into another Garmin 200. Feels like some corruption going on but what?

OP
OP
Burnsy

Burnsy

One of our members has a Garmin 200, when plugged into a pc it comes up memory almost full, but all visible folders are empty. We have deleted all rides, checked nothing in ‘new files’ folder, done a factory reset. Any ideas?
I assume if I format the device that will remove everything in it?

OP
OP
Burnsy

Burnsy

My experience with the Oregon was that I think I did a format as the filesystem was corrupted. It removed all data (rides routes waypoints settings) but it did the job. It was a while ago so I can't remember in detail.
SORTED!! did a format, was a bit scary as I was worried it would wipe everything. Looking fine now - another satisfied member!

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Heres a handy suggestion -- plug the device in and look for a language folder that contains a lot of GTT files -- These are language files for the device should you want to switch to a different language every day you start the device up. You can either delete these GTT files (and leave the English/GB language file) or copy it over for safe keeping elsewhere.

Garmin will never re-download those language files unless you ask it to when your sync the device up with your phone or pc. deleting or removing the language files freed up 8mb of space for me and since my old 520 is very limited on storage capacity, the extra 8mb of free space allowed me to load a bigger chunk of map and more courses onto the device which your friend may or may not find handy depending on his usage/needs. I dont think the Edge 200 has a map feature but you can create a course with Garmin Express, Strava or RideWithGPS and it should follow a breadcrumb trail for navigation just like i do for my 520.

Eitherway, More space for more courses or more space for more ride logs (win, win situation)

Top Bottom