Garmin 200 sync problems....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone else having problems with an edge 200 and Garmin Express?

It wont sync the unit but shows it as connected. I can go into Strava and read the unit as an external drive and download the fit file to strava, but it was working perfectly until a week or 2 ago....

I removed Garmin express and did a factory reset on the unit but no joy. I haven't tried a new lead yet but was thinking if the computer can see the unit and download the data it must be a software problem rather than a hardware problem....Yes?

obviously I can carry copying the fit file across just a bit of pain when everything was so easy and working correctly just a week ago... Any ideas... it downloads all updates and says everything is up to date.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I have just synced my 200 with Garmin Express with no problems.

I had the problem with Garmin Express. If your using Xp then switch to Garmin Connect. It worked for me. Support for Xp has stopped and Garmin Express will not work.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I'm thinking something along those lines I reckon my browser is blocking plugins..... might get rid of mozilla and try sommet different....
firefox went funny for me lately i did a reset, re installed add ons/plugs ins and it works again.
resetting keeps all your bookmarks .
  1. Click the menu button and then click help .
  2. From the Help menu choose Troubleshooting Information. ...
  3. Click the Reset Firefox… button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
  4. To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I had the problem with Garmin Express. If your using Xp then switch to Garmin Connect. It worked for me. Support for Xp has stopped and Garmin Express will not work.
I bit the bullet and bought win 7 , well worth the hassle of re installation imho.

OP
OP
simon the viking
Free upgrade to 10 apparently when its released.

Really! its got to be better than this... it tries to be a tablet type thing as well and fails miserably.......and why have a touch pad and mouse buttons combined.., what was wrong with putting two buttons underneath!!!! sorry to de-raill the thread.....(oh its mine I can....) I've just downloaded opera still same problem.... giving up for the night!!!

BrynCP

Über Member
I can't sync my 200 with the new version of GE for some reason but I could with the older version. The 800 will sync but I've got to force it. I have the old version at work still and its automatic for both (200&800) :wacko:
The new version as in the last few days?

My Edge 500 is no longer syncing since it self updated. I may be being stupid, but how do you force it as as far as I can see there is no longer a "Sync" button like there used to be in the old one?

I managed to install a new Time Zone file from GE fine, and I uploaded to Strava fine, so it's just the new GE tool that is playing up for me...

Top Bottom