Garmin 530 probs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FrothNinja

Veteran
Just afore I head for my pit, are there peeps wise in the way of Garmin.
My 530 is refusing to connect to my heart monitor and cadence monitor. I have changed their batteries but no luck. The other day it read them but didn't measure distance and speed.
I have tried plugging it into the pc in the hope it will look for firmware updates but not a sausage.
Is the 530 knackered? its only a couple of years old.
Thanks for any wisdom that appears overnight and later

Last edited:
Have you tried deleting and reinstalling them as sensors on the 530 ?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Fyi you can tell if it needs updates or not by connecting to Garmin Connect on a phone (Bluetooth) then doing something like menu/system/... something.../check for updates.

@cougie uk 's suggestion is a good one

D

Deleted member 26715

Have you tried to empty the folder with all your activities on, I find if I have issues with the Garmin it's down to space on the SD card, deleting the old activities seems to fix it.

OP
OP
FrothNinja

FrothNinja

Veteran
Have you tried to empty the folder with all your activities on, I find if I have issues with the Garmin it's down to space on the SD card, deleting the old activities seems to fix it.

The card is less than half full - what sort of level has yours been when it misbehaves?

Tenkaykev

Guru

I wasn't aware that the 530 had an SD card.

freiston

Veteran
I realise that this might sound trite but have you tried turning it off and on again? I mean holding the top left button until you get the menu options of 'Sleep', Set Bike Alarm' and 'Power Off' (and powering off). I had a problem with my 530 not changing to BST; I tried several things suggested on Garmin help pages, forums etc. - mostly on the line of plugging into PC, checking for updates and also rewriting system files. After loads of plugging in, resyncs, firmware checks but before getting ready to rewrite system files, I came across a post suggesting the power off and on - which I thought I had already done - but I was merely putting it in and out of sleep mode. It did the trick for me.

Top Bottom