Garmin 6 Pro

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am not those people Cougie! I could easily afford one of those watches but really couldn't justify it.
By comparison the Garmin is an amazing piece of kit. Especially if you're serious about training, or hiking. I'm no fan of blowing money on frivolities but I love my Garmin watches. I've had my previous watch for 7 years and I'm only upgrading now because I found a bargain. The old watch hasn't missed a beat.

Chislenko

Veteran
By comparison the Garmin is an amazing piece of kit. Especially if you're serious about training, or hiking. I'm no fan of blowing money on frivolities but I love my Garmin watches. I've had my previous watch for 7 years and I'm only upgrading now because I found a bargain. The old watch hasn't missed a beat.

To be fair I did investigate getting a smart watch last year but the thing I would miss when running (alternate between running and cycling) is the Strava lady giving oral time and distance every half mile. This morning she inspired me to knock over a minute off a 3.5 mile run along the Greenway. Hard work on the way out to Queensferry against the wind but great on the way back 😀

Mo1959

Legendary Member
To be fair I did investigate getting a smart watch last year but the thing I would miss when running (alternate between running and cycling) is the Strava lady giving oral time and distance every half mile. This morning she inspired me to knock over a minute off a 3.5 mile run along the Greenway. Hard work on the way out to Queensferry against the wind but great on the way back 😀
I have a Garmin Fexix 6 on one wrist and an Apple Watch on the other. :laugh: It might seem like just a novelty to some, but I also like the voice prompts, especially when the eyesight isn’t what it was so I’m more inclined to use the Apple Watch for running. Nice to get told your pace every mile without having to look.

Omg you're one of those nutters running along there ? It's bad enough on the bike - feels like you're going nowhere especially in the wind !

I coped without a gps sportswatch for years - even at marathon distance. But once you have one it's very very useful. You can set up the alert to tell you your mile markers so all you'd do is look at the wrist. This one will monitor your HR and recovery 24/7 and suggest what training you need to do. Let's see if I get faster this year after some lazy lock down years.

Chislenko

Veteran
I have a Garmin Fexix 6 on one wrist and an Apple Watch on the other. :laugh: It might seem like just a novelty to some, but I also like the voice prompts, especially when the eyesight isn’t what it was so I’m more inclined to use the Apple Watch for running. Nice to get told your pace every mile without having to look.

Two questions Mo, is it the Apple watch that gives the voice prompts and does the sound come out of the watch or do you also have to wear Bluetooth headphones?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Two questions Mo, is it the Apple watch that gives the voice prompts and does the sound come out of the watch or do you also have to wear Bluetooth headphones?
Out of the Apple Watch. It vibrates and speaks to you each mile with your total time and time for the last mile. That’s using Strava. I think the native workout app does too.

OP
OP
G

GetFatty

Über Member
Check out the Fenix 7 prices and come back to us.

FWIW I've just swapped my Fenix 3 for a 6 and it's a great watch. People pay loads more for watches that only tell you the time. This does so much stuff I can't begin to tell you.
I'm actually about to upgrade again for the Fenix 7 Sapphire :smile:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I am not those people Cougie! I could easily afford one of those watches but really couldn't justify it.
so move on and let the people who may want to buy it, make offers

Top Bottom