Garmin 705 or SatMap ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
skids said:
Another routing question (great advice on here BTW - thanks). I tried out the Mapsource Route / Convert to track malarkey today and it worked fine. Question I have is that when I follow a route I've set up on my etrex Venturethe instructions I get say turn right / left etc but the route instructions on the 705 say go East / West etc. Any ideas?

Mine gives left and right turns. This is a bit of a long shot, but do you have the map Orientation (Settings->Map) set to 'North Up' rather than 'Track Up'?

skids

Thanks Bollo but I tried both. Looks like I've got it sorted though. I've created the route in Mapsource, downloaded the maps and waypoints to the Edge directly, saved the routes (outbound and inbound) to the SD card directly and it all seems fine (could the omission of the wingdb conversion be the remedy?). I've got a century ride to do tomorrow (half of it on roads I've never been on before) so it should give me a good chance to see if I've got things sorted at last (I'll be taking my etrex venture along in my saddlebag just in case).

Top Bottom