Garmin 800 not accepting tracks on hard drive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I used Komoot to work out a few gpx routes around London. I followed the procedure, downloaded them to my pc and then tried to transfer them to the 'new files' files folder on the garmin hard drive. For some reason it only took in 3 of the 5 routes and there is loads of space.

I do run Garmin map's as it came with the unit, but its a pain as I need to have more than just 3 routes. Any ideas as to what the issue maybe?

thanks

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I found someone else complaining of the same problem. He discovered that it worked if he did the files one at a time!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I updated my maps with open source ones with a lot more detail as the stock maps had a lot of roads missing.i think I used the guide on dcrainmaker to do it

I've found with some route planning software that if the embedded name is identical in several gpx files any transfers just overwrite each other, certainly using an Etrex 20 or Edge Explore and GPSies (or it was before AllTracks ruined GPSies beyond use).
In Windows right click on a gpx and 'open with' and use notepad to open, use F3 and search for <name> and then check lines with <name>xxxxxxx</name> have 'something relevant and different' for xxxxx.

Top Bottom