garmin communicator plug in

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sarahpink

hi,

ive just bought a garmin edge 705 and am trying to download the programmes for it but when I try to downlload the garmin communicator plug in, it says its not supported by my browser. any help on what i do?

TChipperfield

sarahpink said:
it says its not supported by my browser. any help on what i do?

For a start you have just got a great bit of kit, had mine for almost a year now and love it.

I use the plugin with Internet Explorer and Firefox with no issues, what browser you trying? May be worth trying with IE if its something different.

Martok

Klingon on a bike
Congratulations on getting this, it's a great bit of kit (though does have a few quirks so feel free to ask away and I'm sure Garmin 705 owners will be happy to help out).

If you are using Google Chrome then sadly it's not supported. :tongue: Works fine in Firefox as already stated. Don't know about Internet Explorer as I detest the browser with a passion.

OP
OP
sarahpink

sarahpink

hi thanks yeah was using google chrome but got it working on my usual internet explorer.

well im not very technologically minded and slowly trying to work out all the features on my new toy

ChristinaJL

I love my 705. :eek:

I use http://www.bikehike.co.uk/ to plan routes - then download them as a tcx file to your pc and copy across. The courses I find work better than planning routes, as I didn't need the gadget beeping at me and showing me when to turn. :biggrin:

Martok

Klingon on a bike
I use http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com to plan routes. With this you can download gpx or tpx files directly to your Garmin, which is nice. You can also set warning distances for turnings so you get the information prior to a junction/turn rather than when you are on it.

Top Bottom