Garmin Edge 1000 - Not recorded full ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heisenberg71

When you're dead, you're dead
i put in a big (for me so far this year) 57 mile ride out over Holme Moss and back today. Plotted my route on Garmin Connect and saved it to the device. However part way through I must have missed a turning and deviated from my course. Obviously picked my course back up later on but it stuck at 35 miles and missed the rest of the ride until I lost my patience.

I thought bugger it, I will just plot a course for home on the way back. Damn thing wanted to U-turn all the way home and take me back to Holme Moss, which is the opposite direction to my house. A quick google when I got home highlights Garmin mapping as bug laden and unreliable. Or am I doing something wrong?

Anyone got any advice on best settings to run the 1000 on and/or top tips? Loved it until 35 miles :sad:

toffee

Guru
On my 810 if I get off course it has a huff and won't show any updates of the screen unless I tap it. It still records where I have been though and when it finds the course again it just continues as normal.

Are you sure that it stopped recording?

Derek

OP
OP
Heisenberg71

Heisenberg71

When you're dead, you're dead
Yes, it just flipped out at 35 miles. Cadence, speed etc were all working and displaying but mileage just froze at 35 miles. When I reset my course for home it then didn't record mileage or ride data. It just stuck at 35 miles. Weird. I will try it again on the next ride and see what happens.

Top Bottom