Garmin edge 200 battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
I know a few of you have bought the kit for replacing a garmin battery. If you have done it recently and are pleased withe the new battery, which supplier did you use?

Some of my searches are coming up with "out of stock".

Thanks

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I bought a generic battery off ebay for a tenner. Took it a local phone shop who fitted it for another tenner. Gave the 200 a whole new lease of life.

However, since shops are not open you may have to attempt to replace yourself. You can get batteries with kits and there are plenty of you tube videos.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Our local phone and device repair shop is open 6 days a week ... providing the essential service of repairing students lap tops for distance learning .... and changing Garmin batteries...

OP
OP
Sharky

Sharky

Guru
I've studied a few of the videos and doesn't look too difficult, so will have a go myself. If I fail, it will be a good excuse to get another one.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Subtel

https://www.subtel.co.uk/Battery-fo...00-600mAh-361-0043-00-361-0043-01-914321.html

German and tbh not sure of any issues post Brexit but good quality battery's and Excellent customer service,ordered a phone battery that was the wrong one my fault and they sent the correct one foc.
Be aware 200 battery have the sound power you need to connect or leave it without sound.i got a chap who makes ham radios to solder it for £10 and I guess anywhere like a phone shop could do it

OP
OP
Sharky

Sharky

Guru
Well the new battery came today. Managed to get it apart and separate the circuit boards etc, but failed miserably trying to put it all back. Some of the connectors are so tiny that it is difficult making a good connection, so I gave up and ordered a new garmin.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well the new battery came today. Managed to get it apart and separate the circuit boards etc, but failed miserably trying to put it all back. Some of the connectors are so tiny that it is difficult making a good connection, so I gave up and ordered a new garmin.
Bad luck, but at least you end up with a new device!

If you haven't killed it altogether, would you consider parting with it for not-very-much? :whistle:

OP
OP
Sharky

Sharky

Guru
Bad luck, but at least you end up with a new device!

If you haven't killed it altogether, would you consider parting with it for not-very-much? :whistle:
PM me your address and I'll pop it in the post. I had thrown it into the bin, so might need a bit of cleaning!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
PM me your address and I'll pop it in the post. I had thrown it into the bin, so might need a bit of cleaning!
Cheers - very kind of you! I have been looking out for a cheap Edge 200 on ebay but even broken ones sold for parts tend to go for £10+. I'll see if I can bring it back to life.

It's nice when forum members help each other out. @slowmotion recently gave me his old wireless mouse which has been really useful.

I have donated things myself in the past (several pairs of gloves/mitts, pedals etc.). In fact, I'll have a hunt around and see if I can find something else worth passing on.

You should now have a PM from me!

cyclintom

I bought a generic battery off ebay for a tenner. Took it a local phone shop who fitted it for another tenner. Gave the 200 a whole new lease of life.

However, since shops are not open you may have to attempt to replace yourself. You can get batteries with kits and there are plenty of you tube videos.
I think that I bought an entire rear panel. For some reason I can't remember why I decided to use only the battery. They are stuck in the case with some of the rubber stuff so you have to be careful removing them and they can be stuck right back in place. Those batteries in the older version are very easy to overcharge which causes the battery to expand. If you feel the case warming as it charges pull it off and wait until it cools before resuming.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I think that I bought an entire rear panel. For some reason I can't remember why I decided to use only the battery. They are stuck in the case with some of the rubber stuff so you have to be careful removing them and they can be stuck right back in place. Those batteries in the older version are very easy to overcharge which causes the battery to expand. If you feel the case warming as it charges pull it off and wait until it cools before resuming.
Nope, don't think I've ever suffered a overheating problem with both my Edge 200's

I am pleased that you managed to actually get a battery out of Best Battery. I ordered a new battery for my Garmin Edge 200 on 6th February, and a month on nothing has arrived. When I query it by email, I get asked to confirm the delivery address. Not recommending this company at all. Taking the Edge 200 apart seems to require a very tiny Torx. That might be interesting, if I ever get the battery.

OP
OP
Sharky

Sharky

Guru
Ordered on the 27th Jan. Order confirmation said due between 4th-8th Feb. Arrived 18th Feb. So took 22 days. Didn't really notice it was late as a lot going on in our house at the moment. I bought their tool kit as well for £1.49, which contained the correct screwdriver needed.
Pleased with it when it arrived and took the edge apart no problem, but didn't have the skills to put it all back.

ErnieJ

Hi Guys, I've ordered 2 batts from different outlets, both fitted and charged but presumably stored in a warehouse for so long that they were totally flat, and would not take a charge. The last and most recent one I checked the volts before I put it in and, of course, flatter than a flat thing. Annoying as it wastes time doing the swap out. Might put original batt back in and keep for my spare bike. It lasts 6 hours or so. As others have said, time for a new one.

Top Bottom