Garmin Edge 200 loading gpx files?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know it doesn't have mapping but thought the 200 did the breadcrumb trail thing. Is it possible to load a .gpx file onto a garmin edge 200? I've trawled through the garmin connect website and here but can't seem to find an answer.

Thanks

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I use the Garmin Training centre.

I make up a course/route in Bike Hike or RideWithGps etc
Save it as a tcx file then load it to the 200 via the Training Centre.

OP
OP
oldgreyandslow
I use the Garmin Training centre.

I make up a course/route in Bike Hike or RideWithGps etc
Save it as a tcx file then load it to the 200 via the Training Centre.
I have a course from the british cycling website, it is downloadable as a gpx file, which I was hoping to be able toa lod to my garmin really without the need to go here there and everywhere.
Never mind, I'll settle for printed instructions on a map holder, old style technology ^_^

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I know it doesn't have mapping but thought the 200 did the breadcrumb trail thing. Is it possible to load a .gpx file onto a garmin edge 200? I've trawled through the garmin connect website and here but can't seem to find an answer.

Thanks

Plug the Garmin 200 into your pc then goto My Computer and find the Garmin then open the Garmin folder then the New Files folder and put the GPX file in there once that is done disconnect the 200 from the PC. Now start up the 200 and find the course in courses and select and it will convert the file so you can use it.

OP
OP
oldgreyandslow
Plug the Garmin 200 into your pc then goto My Computer and find the Garmin then open the Garmin folder then the New Files folder and put the GPX file in there once that is done disconnect the 200 from the PC. Now start up the 200 and find the course in courses and select and it will convert the file so you can use it.

Sorted, thanks a lot.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Never thought of this. Tried today and worked perfect. Cheers Phil. :thumbsup:

Thomk

Guru
I have used the bread crumb (gpx file) trail, but it left me wanting an 800! :rolleyes:
You get used to it.

okeydokey79

excellent phil, havnt really used my garmin for routes yet but just put a course on it again thanks +1^_^

Top Bottom