garmin edge 200

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

judder

Have been looking at these and the reviews on cc are good..
I know it is easy to swap between bikes but can you have seperate total mileages for both bikes.
E.g. bike 1/bike 2 mileage like on my sigma.
Thanks

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yes you can

Edit: Actually no you can't. Just double checked.
The Edge 500 you can though.

I got one last week and I'm very impressed by it. Halfords was about the cheapest at the time at £105, plus Garmin are giving £30 cash back, I think until the end of August, making it excellent VFM.

It's very easy to set up and use, very easy to upload routes onto it, (drag and drop GPX files), and gives plenty of information. Not too much that you wonder what half of it means, just enough.

The mapping aspect is basic, but i doesn't claim to be anything else, yet in use it works extremely well. I plotted a route and uploaded it to the unit last Friday, went out Saturday and followed it no problem. It shows you exactly what you need to know, where you are, where you are going, and in the event you have taken a wrong turn, which way you should be going. I really like the basicness of the 'mapping' TBH, you only want to glance at it when riding, not study it for POI's as you go along, IMO anyway.

For £70 odd quid, (currently after cash back), there's nowt to touch it IMO :thumbsup:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yup bought one also last week, from Amazon for £103 and just had the £30 cashback accepted by Garmin. So 73 quicd for a gps enable computer is a bargain.

I do have a Edge 500 but was mighty peeved on finding about the well documented course not working option. I uploaded a 85 mile course to the 200 last week and it worked perfect.

OP
OP
J

judder

Ta for replies,
Is the mapping the same on the 500 as the 200.
Want the mapping and also diff mileage for 2 bikes..
Ta

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Ta for replies,
Is the mapping the same on the 500 as the 200.
Want the mapping and also diff mileage for 2 bikes..
Ta

It's not mapping rather then a course (breadcrump trail). ie a grey line that you follow and when off course beeps to tell you.
If you are looking at the 500 then be aware that it has a well documented fault with the course function where it locks up if doing a course of more then 40 miles or so. Go to Garmins forums to read about it.... and I speak from annoyed experience.

Top Bottom