Garmin Edge 205

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Have a look here, with special reference to the last post [cue trumpets etc] :wub:
More here
There have been some threads about Garmins, so a search be useful.

HTH

dodgy

305 would be my preference, the on board barometric sensor stabilises the altitude recordings. Still a great bit of kit if that's how far your budget stretches though.

Dave.

domtyler

Über Member
I've got the 305, essentially the same piece of kit. They are great, don't know what Kirtsy is on about, mine is not temperamental in the least. One of the best cycling related purchases you can make.

On the 305 I have had a problem with battery life, it's supposed to last 12 hours and it wasn't even lasting 6. It's been back for a service and now it lasts about 8 hours.

The last time I used it it couldn't pick up enough satellites to work out its position and so was useless.

I've downloaded all of the updates and reset it etc. but to no avail.

domtyler

Über Member
8 hours sounds about right to me, I think mine does roughly that although I've never had to run mine down completely yet. In some places you can lose the GPS signal altogether, again not had that happen to me more than a handful of occasions. I will definitely agree with the machines taking a long time to lock on when switching on though, can be quite irritating, especially when your riding mates are all setting off and you are stuck waiting for it! A lot of these are just general issues to do with the GPS system though, the satnav on the car, and the a-gps on my phone can be just as temperamental.

On that thought, my Nokia 6220 Classic has Nokia Sports Tracker and Google Maps built in which almost makes the Edge redundant. So if you are looking for an alternative you might just need to upgrade your phone.

Top Bottom