Garmin edge 500 small question?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Had 500 a few month almost now. My splits are for every 5 miles. I know I can easily change this. I've noticed a few peoples rides posted are also in the 5 mile splits format. I'm just wondering is there some kind of reason for this or they just haven't bothered to change it?

If I'm running I want to know my lap time for every mile. What are your preferences?

Is that what the bleep is? You learn something new everyday, as they say.

donnyjnk

go into settings and change it. also make sure firmware upto date. i spent abit on a new edge 605 with uk map pack for it not to work. i was gutted then i found that the firmware was well out of date

screenman

Legendary Member
I changed mine as I did not want the splits, first few times I had them on I found myself racing the last split.

Working in km's I found it was doing it every 8.05km which seems a might odd choice to me!
Given I don't think any of my 'laps' are 8.05km long, I disabled it. I don't watch my performance that closely, roads varying, conditions vary and to be honest, when I am cycling to my 42mile commute, my times are usually within 60 seconds of each other for that commute - that's enough of a performance indicator for me, consistent!

maltloaf

Mine are a mile. I set it like that when I first used it and have never felt the need to change it. I cycle a lot of regular routes and it's nice to see like for like miles.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Thanks. I run in miles so I ride in miles from now on!

Top Bottom